Davinci Resolve 14 Overview
DaVinci Resolve 14 has hundreds of new features for editors, colorists and now, for the first time, audio professionals. The new playback engine dramatically increases responsiveness with up to 10x better performance for editors. You also get a whole new page with the full Fairlight audio post production tools that let you record, edit, mix, sweeten and master sound with full 3D audio space and up to 1000 channels. Colorists will find amazing new filters that include automatic facial recognition and tracking for quickly smoothing skin tones, brightening eyes, changing lip color and more! Plus, DaVinci Resolve 14 features revolutionary new multi user collaboration tools such as bin locking, chat and timeline merging that allow editors, colorists, and sound editors to all work on the same project at the same time! All these new features make DaVinci Resolve 14 is the world’s most advanced post production software!
- What’s new in the Editing Panel
- What’s new in the Color Grading Panel
- The New Fairlight Audio Editing Panel
Watch the video below to get a quick overview of what’s new in Davinci Resolve 14.
What’s new with DaVinci Resolve 14’s Editing Panel
DaVinci Resolve includes virtually every imaginable editing and trimming tool available, making it perfect for both creative and online editing.
Some key features:
- Advanced Trimming: Incredible high performance precision trimming tools
- Audio Overlays: Revolutionary new way to navigate clips based on audio waveforms
- Multicam Editing: Edit footage from multiple cameras in real time
- Working with Bins: Organize footage manually or automatically
- Plug In Effects: Add generators, transitions and filter effects to your clips
- Speed Effects: Retime clips with constant or variable speed changes for incredible effects
- Timeline Curve Editor: Keyframe animation and curve editor in the timeline
- Finishing: New tools for completing projects quickly and efficiently
- Managing VFX Shots: The only NLE that helps track your VFX shots
Watch the video below to learn more details on Davinci Resolve 14’s new editing panel.
Learn more about Davinci Resolve 14’s editing panel at BlackMagicDesign.
What’s new with DaVinci Resolve 14’s Color Panel
DaVinci Resolve goes far beyond basic color “correction” and provides a world-class set of creative grading tools that let you manipulate light and color in breathtaking ways that complement and help tell the story. DaVinci Resolve offers exceptional quality and can achieve looks that are impossible with other software and delivers images that look better than anything else.
Some key features:
- Legendary DaVinci Quality Hollywood’s “gold standard”
- Primary correction with familiar color wheels and dedicated advanced controls for quickly adjusting images
- Film style Log grading with Lowlights, Midtones and Highlight trackballs, each with master gain
- Native camera RAW image processing supporting a large range of camera color space and gamuts
- RGB mixer grading with monochrome effects
- Motion Effects palette with incredible noise reduction and motion blur
- Using industry standard charts auto color balance images with source and target gamma, colorspace, color temp and white level
- Curve editor for both traditional and innovative new types of curve editing
- Secondary corrections to quickly select and adjust specific parts of an image
- Unlimited circle, linear, power curve and gradient Power Windows per node
- Market leading Tracking & Stabilization with incredible 3D and persepective tracking for following images over time
- Real time full Gaussian blur on unlimited nodes
- Input, output and external single and multiple channel mattes with individual gain
- Optical Quality Image Formatting and Resizing
- Stereoscopic 3D grading including automatic 3D image alignment and color match
- Resolve Color Management for input, timeline and output color space and gamut selection
- DaVinci Color Transform Language, dctl for user defined color transforms
- ACES Colorspace Grading
- Full high dynamic range support to work on next generation HDR and super wide color gamut images
- Full node based control for all color processing
- Automatic color match grade from one to many clips
- Unlimited graded versions per clip
- Automatic 3D LUT generation of grades
- Enhanced Group management with Pre-Clip and Post-Clip node graphs
- Gallery to Save and Manage Stills
- Playback of Stills and Memories for Color Grade Reference
- ResolveFX framework for GPU and CPU accelerated image effects
- Enhanced render cache with user selectable cache points for source, nodes, and clip thumbnail and timeline
- User selectable cache formats; ProRes, DNxHD, OpenEXR, DPX
- Lightbox view of all thumbnails, or those selected by flags or other sort and filters
Watch the video below to learn more details on Davinci Resolve 14’s new color panel.
Learn more about Davinci Resolve 14’s color panel at BlackMagicDesign.
Davinci Resolve’s new Fairlight Audio Panel
Now, for the first time ever, professional audio post production is fully integrated into a single application that gives sound editors, colorists, and video editors everything they need to seamlessly collaborate and create films and television shows that will be remembered for generations to come!
Some key features:
- Fairlight audio page with dedicated audio editing, mixing, sweetening, finishing and mastering controls
- Support for 1000 realtime audio tracks with up to 8 main, sub and aux outputs
- Fairlight audio processing engine includes support for 192 KHz 96bit audio
- Supports for Fairlight Audio Accelerator and I/O hardware
- Support for Fairlight free standing and desktop consoles
- Single and dual monitor UI configurations for the Fairlight page
- Fairlight page includes Media Pool, timeline, monitoring meters, mixer, effects, video preview, timeline index, inspector and sound library
- Support for user supplied sound libraries
- Includes six band EQ for every track
- Expander/Gate, Compressor and Limiter Dynamics for every track
- 2D and 3D Pan control for sound placement
- Timeline toolbar includes pointer, trim, cut and marquee tools, automation state and glide selections, snapping, flags and markers
- Automation includes trim state, touch, latch or off mode, event selection
- Support for separate enables for fader, mute, pan, EQ, compressor, Gate, Aux, Limiter and Plugins
- Level meters for all channels, Masters, Subs, Aux and groups
- Monitoring of main outputs available in mono, stereo51, Atmos, Auro, DTS, IMAX and multichannel up to 222
- Compound metering includes speaker group selection, phase and loudness with integration control
- Video preview available as docked or popup viewer with SDI video output
- Track sidebar includes controls for gain, automation, lock, solo, mute and record
- Track sidebar also includes indicators for track number, name, color, linked track and meters
- Timeline clips include user selectable indicators for clip name, gain, FX, group, EQ, Source, Speed, Linked status, stem/channel bit depth, sample rate and source channel
- Timeline clips include full or retified audio waveform with waveform border, gain level, fade handles and automation keyframe control
- User selection of timecode display with subframes and samples, feet and frames or only samples
- Five preset and custom user selectable track height with locks
- New timeline index shows clips, tracks and markers
- UI dialogs for setup and assignment of Bus assignment, Input and output patching and path selections with Mic/Instrument, record level and insert control
- Each mixer track includes input selection, effects, insert, EQ and dynamics graphs, output selection, aux, pan, main and submix selections
- Mixer also includes track name and color, grouping, record, mute and solo selection and gain fader with meters
- Support of reordering of audio plugins
- Audio Pitch Correction supported audio playback for timeline clips with a variable speed
Watch the video below to learn more details on Davinci Resolve 14’s new Fairlight Audio panel.
Learn more about Davinci Resolve 14’s FairLight Audio panel at BlackMagicDesign.
Get started with Davinci Resolve 14 now, You can download it free at BlackMagicDesign.